Brad's practice focuses in all areas of estate planning and charitable planning. His practice includes probate administration and litigation, with experience in trustee representation and will contests. His practice includes setting up legal entities. He has been involved in a number of real estate transactions. He has experience in representing taxpayers in filing complaints against the value of real property before the Board of Revisions and the Board of Tax Appeals. He is a former Magistrate for Franklin County Court of Common Pleas, Probate Division. Brad has also been an occasional lecturer for the Central Ohio Alzheimer's Association, Columbus Bar Association, Ohio State Bar Association, Ohio Notary Association, Grandview Civic Association, and Grant/Riverside Hospitals Speaker's Bureau.
Brad is a graduate of Denison University (B.A. 1988). He then went on to study at Ohio Northern University, where he was an Associate Editor of the Law Review, and in 1993, received his J.D.
Brad was selected as one of the Top Attorneys in Ohio, which appeared in Cincinnati Magazine in January 2010. Brad was an Ohio Super Lawyer in the areas of estate planning and probate in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014.
Since 2006, Brad has been certified as a specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law by the Ohio State Bar Association.
- Member of American Bar Association
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Member of Ohio State Bar Association
- Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law Section
- Member of Columbus Bar Association
- Course Planner for Probate Law Institute (2001 to 2008)
- Planning Board Member for Probate Law Institute (2008 to 2009)
- Course Planner for The Ohio Uniform Trust Code (2006)
- Past Chair of the Strategic Planning Committee
- Past Chair of Probate Law Committee
- Past Chair of Small Firm/Solo Practitioner Committee
- Member of Probate Law Committee
- Member of Judicial Campaign Advertising Committee
- Past Member of Admissions Committee
- Member of Real Property Committee
- Member of Estate & Gift Tax Committee
- Past Member of Member Services Committee
- Fellow of Columbus Bar Foundation
- Member of the Central Ohio Planned Giving Council
- Member of the Columbus Estate Planning Council
- Member of the Lawyers Club of Columbus (President 2012 - 2013)
Board Service and Council Service
Brad has served on the Board of Governors of the Columbus Bar Association since June of 2006 and is currently acting as Immediate Past President of the Board.
Brad has been a member of the Ohio State Bar Association's Council of Delegates since July 1, 2006 and served on the Screening Committee of the Council in 2009. Since 2010, Brad has been serving on the Estate Planning, Trust, and Probate Law Section Council. Brad is currently serving on the OSBA Elder law Specialty Certification Board.
Brad is serving on the Advisory Board to the Columbus Law Library Association.