In Memoriam (1940 - 2022)
Doug Wrightsel is a graduate of Denison University (B.A. 1962), where he was a member of Pi Sigma Alpha, political science academic honorary. He then attended Vanderbilt University School of Law where he was a member of the Order of the Coif, and received his J.D. in 1965. Doug was a Staff Member and Associate Editor of Vanderbilt Law Review
Doug Wrightsel has experience in Probate/Trust litigation that has included will contests (primarily defending them), actions to construe and challenging validity of trusts (primarily representing trustees), taking action to validate and qualify charitable remainder trusts through use of disclaimers and construction actions, representing fiduciaries and beneficiaries (charitable and individual) in tortious interference actions, and related types of litigations related to the rights of charitable and other estate and trust beneficiaries. Doug has appeared as an expert witness in probate/trust and attorney malpractice matters. He has experience in mediating probate disputes.
Doug is a former Partner/Director at the firm of Kegler, Brown, Hill & Ritter, located in Columbus, Ohio.
Doug is a frequent lecturer in the area of trusts and estates for the Columbus Bar Association, Ohio State Bar Association and other organizations.
Doug has been selected for The Best Lawyers in America in the area of Trusts and Estates for fourteen (14) consecutive years.
2008 recipient of the Columbus Bar Association Bar Medal Service award.
- Former Member & Chairman-Supreme Court Commission on Mandatory Continuing Legal Education
- Former Fellow, American College of Trusts & Estates Counsel (ACTEC)
- Member-Ohio State Bar Association - Former Member, Council of Delegates
- Member Emeritus-Board of Governors Probate & Trust Law Section of Ohio State Bar Association
- Former Chairman-Columbus Bar Association Law School Liaison Committee
- Former Chairman-Columbus Bar Association Court of Appeals Committee
- Former Chairman-Columbus Bar Association Probate & Trust Law Committee
- Past President of the Columbus Bar Association
- Former Member-Columbus Bar Association Board of Governors (1991-1999)
- Former Member-Columbus Bar Foundation Board of Trustees(1998-2008)
- Former Treasurer of Columbus Bar Foundation
- Past President of Columbus Bar Foundation